1 large egg
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1 oz. (30 gr.) piece of dark chocolate melted
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup oatmeal ground together with 1/4 cup flax seeds
1 cup grated fresh or steamed beets
1/4 cup plain yogurt
Topping: 1/2 bar chocolate pieces or 1/4 cup chocolate chips
optional: 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Beat the egg and coconut sugar until light.
2. Mix the melted chocolate and oil together and mix into the above.
3. Mix in the vanilla.
4. Sift all the dry ingredients together. Mix in the ground oatmeal/flax seed mix.
5. Incorporate the dry ingredients into the liquid mixture alternating with the yogurt.
6. Fold in the grated beets and chopped walnuts (if using). Mix well.
7. Transfer mixture into a 20X20 cm (8X8 inch) wax paper lined pan. Smooth top.
8. Bake in a preheated 170deg C (370deg F) oven for about 20-25 minutes.
9. Removed pan to a cooling rack. Sprinkle top with chocolate pieces and spread them out evenly when melted. Continue cooling cake. When cool cut into squares and serve.