4 1/3 cups (500 gr.) flour (Manitoba type if possible)
4 tbsp. (20 gr.) dry sour dough starter or a packet (7 gr.) of granular yeast
4 tbsp. honey
1/2 cup (120 gr.) soft butter (or part coconut oil)
2/3 cups milk (150 ml) (or almond milk)
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
Filling: 1/2 cup rose hip jelly plus 1/2 cup chopped and lightly toasted pistachios
1. Whisk the flour together with the dry ingredients. Make a well in the center.
2. Beat the eggs together with the honey and milk and pour into the center of the flour mixture.
3. Knead the mixture until it’s smooth and doesn’t stick to the sides of the bowl.
4. Incorporate the butter and knead until it’s absorbed completely. Let rest ten minutes.
5. Form a ball, cover the bowl with a light towel or wax paper and let rise until doubled (2-3 hrs).
6. When dough has doubled punch it down and roll it out into a 12×20 inch (30×50 cm.) rectangle.
7. Chop the toasted pistachios.
10. Arrange the pieces into a buttered cake pan with removable sides.
11. Bake in a preheated 375deg F (180deg C) oven for about 30-40 minutes or until golden and done. Let cool 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Sprinkle with powdered sugar when cool.