1 piece of veal (600-800 gr.)
mild sausage (luganega for example)
1-2 slices bread soaked in milk
2 tbsp. grated parmigiano cheese
1/2 small red onion chopped
finely chopped parsley
1/4 cup fresh pomegranate kernels
salt and pepper
1. For the stuffing, tear apart a slice of bread and soak it in 1/2 cup milk.
2. Sqeeze out the milk and set aside. Discard the milk.
3. Sautee the onion until soft in a little oil. Add the sausage and continue browning.
4. Combine the bread, sausage mixture, roughly torn pieces of sage, salt and pepper.
5. Mix in a slightly beaten egg, the chopped parsley, cheese and pomegranate kernels.
6. With a wide and sharp knife, cut a pocket into the piece of veal.
7. Stuff the pocket with the stuffing mixture. Sew up the open end with white thread.
8. Brown the roast in a little olive oil on all sides. Place into an oiled bread pan.
9. Brush with a little oil and balsamic vinegar. Roast for 40 min. in a 180degC oven.
TO SERVE: Allow the roast to rest 10 minutes, then slice.