200 gr. solid tofu
5 tbsp. soy sauce
5 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 crushed clove of garlic (with garlic press)
1/2 tsp. paprika
a pinch of ground red pepper
1-2 tbsp brewer’s yeast powder
200 gr. cherry tomatoes halved
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients (except tofu and tomatoes in a medium bowl). Set aside.
2. Dry the tofu with a paper towl and crumble it into the prepared marinade mixture. Mix together until marinade is absorbed.
3. Scatter the prepared tofu over a wax paper lined baking sheet.
4. Place the halved cherry tomatoes all around the edge of the pan. Sprinkle with salt,
thyme and olive oil.
5. Place the pan in a 200deg C preheated oven and roast for about 20 minutes or until the mixture is well browned.
6. Spread a bit of mayo on a halved hamburger bun (pumpkin buns are good). Pile some of the roasted tofu on top. Add the roasted tomatoes and sliced gherkins if desired. Serve with a green salad.