1/2 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup soft unsalted butter
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup rice flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 egg white or 3 tbsp. aquafaba
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. dried (edible) rose petals
pinch of salt
2 or 3 drops (or gel) red food color
1. Beat icing sugar and butter until fluffy.
2. Beat in egg white (or aquafaba) and vanilla.
3. Sift together the dry ingredients.
4. Mix the dry ingredients into the butter/sugar/egg white mixture.
5. Blend in the food color and mix in the rose petals.
6. Gather dough together and chill 3-4 hrs.
7. Lightly flower a rose cookie mould (silicone or pliable plastic) and press a small lump of dough into it. Turn it over and gently pry out the rose shaped cookie onto a wax paper lined baking sheet. If you wish you can also roll out the dough and cut out various flower or heart shapes.
Plastic rose mould with rose shape ready to press out
8. Bake cookies in a 375degF (170degC) preheated oven for 7-12 minutes depending on size. Be careful they don’t brown too much as it would alter their pink color.