1 and 2/3 cups (190 gr.) flour
2 oz. (60 gr.) ground hazelnuts (hazelnut meal)
1/3 cup (50 gr.) coconut sugar
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup water
juice and grated rind of one large organic lemon
1 large egg
1/4 cup agave syrup
2 tbsp. butter (or coconut oil)
Mixed berries, pomegranate seeds or other sliced and chopped fruit
1. Combine the dry crust ingredients.
2. Work in the coconut oil (like making piecrust) to form a crumbly texture.
3. Stir in the cold water until a ball forms. (might need a little extra water)
4. Flatten the dough to a disk shape and roll out like pie crust.
5. Cut out 24 small (or 12 medium) round disks.
6. Press each disk into the mini or regular muffin tins.
7. Bake in a preheated 370deg F (170deg C) oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Wait 5 minutes before turning out the pastries onto a wire rack to cool.
For the lemon curd:
1. Beat the egg, agave syrup and lemon juice in a small saucepan.
2. Cook over low heat while constantly mixing until mixture thickens and barely comes to a boil.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter bit by bit until melted and smooth.
4. Stir in the lemon rind and let the mixture cool. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Fill each tartlet with the cold lemon curd and top with desired berries or fruit. Chill or serve immediately.