1 ready made roll of puff pastry
1 medium head (400 gr.) of escarole
1 medium scallion thinly sliced
5 thin slices of ham (prosciutto cotto)
1/4-1/2 cup of roughly grated pecorino cheese
1/2 cup of pomegranate kernels (arils)
salt and pepper to taste
1 beaten egg white
1 tbsp. sesame seeds
1. Separate escarole leaves and sauté’ them in a little olive oil with a few slices of scallion until wilted. Set aside to cool.
2. Unroll ready made puff pastry on a baking sheet together with wax paper.
3. Place the slices of ham evenly over the pastry leaving a margin all around. Arrange the cooled escarole in the middle with the grated cheese around. Sprinkle with the pomegranate kernels (as shown in the picture below).
4. Now carefully fold one fourth of the preparation over and bring the other side (moisten the edge with a little water first) over (like a strudel). Fold the sides under. Brush the top with beaten egg white and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
5. Bake in a preheated 200deg C. (400deg F) for 20-25 minutes. Turn down the heat in the last few minutes if it browns too rapidly.