INGREDIENTS for 4-6 servings
1 1/2 lb (600-700 gr) whole piece (with central bone removed) of cleaned angler fish
1 roll of pastry crust
fresh parsley chopped
2 tbsp chopped almonds
a thick slice of cooked ham (4-5 oz. or 150 gr.)
salt and pepper
1/2 glass of white wine
1. Wash the fish in cold water and dry well. Remove central bone.
2. Slice the ham in a few narrow strips and place the pieces in the central space left by the bone.
3. Enclose the ham forming a roll and tying it up with kitchen string or twine.
4. Oil and season the fish. Fry it for a couple of minutes on all sides turning it constantly until lightly browned.
5. Combine the chopped parsley, almonds, salt and pepper. Roll the fish in this mixture until evenly covered.
6. In the meantime unroll the puff pastry and trim the circle to form a square.
7. Using the lattice roller (shown below) firmly pressing it, roll it over the pastry square.
8. Grasping the pastry, pull it slightly apart to form a lattice.
9. Place it over the fish and after enclosing it, pinch the ends firmly together.
10. Place the fish roll on a wax paper lined baking sheet and brush the lattice crust lightly with a beaten egg.
11. Bake in a 400deg F (190deg C) oven for 15-20 minutes. Serve the fish on a bed of lettuce.