INGREDIENTS for two servings
one package frozen fish filets (4-6 pieces) (I used cod)
6 cups water
1 tsp. salt
piece of carrot
2 stalks celery cut into small pieces
1 small white onion sliced
1 bay leaf
4 pepper corns
1/4 cup white wine (optional)
2 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. flour
1/2 cup sour cream (or greek yogurt)
chopped fresh dill (this is a must!)
1. Place all the vegetables, salt, bay leaf and peppercorns into the boiling water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Add the wine and fish filets. Simmer fish according to package directions. (usually about 10 minutes)
3. Drain fish when done. Reserve the broth.
4. Melt butter in a saucepan. Quickly stir in the flour until smooth.
5. Gradually mix in the hot broth, quickly stirring to avoid lumps. Gently simmer until thickened. (about 10 min.)
6. Mix in the sour cream and heat through briefly. Add the cooked fish and sprinkle with the fresh dill.
OPTIONAL: You can add freshly boiled and cubed potatoes if desired.