1 1/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup butter (or half coconut oil)
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup flour (I used “Andina” or half wholewheat)
a good pinch of salt
3/4 tsp. edible dried lavender flowers
1. Toast oats over medium heat for 5 minutes in an ungreased frying pan.
2. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon while toasting. Remove and cool.
3. Whirl the oats to a powder in a food processor. Combine the finely ground oats with the flour, lavender flowers and salt.
4. Beat the fat(s) together with the sugar until smooth and fluffy.
5. Stir in the flour mixture. Gather into a ball. Mixture will be a bit crumbly.
6. Now carefully roll the dough into a log shape about 1 1/2″ diameter (4 cm.).
7. Wrap the dough in a sheet of aluminium foil. Chill 2 hrs. or more.
8. When dough is firm, slice it into 1/4″ slices and prick them with a fork.
Bake cookies on a wax paper lined cookie sheet at 325deg F/180deg C for 20 min.
Remove cookies very carefully with a spatula onto a large plate as they are very fragile when hot. You can even keep the roll in the fridge up to two days and bake when convenient. Store the cookies in a tightly covered container.