1/2 cup regular yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup finely ground cornmeal (fioretto in Italy)
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tbsp. sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1 and 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 beaten egg or 3 tbsp. aquafaba
1 and 1/2 cups milk divided
1/2 cup canned (and well drained) corn kernels.
1. Combine and sift together dry ingredients (up to baking powder).
2. Stir together egg (or a.f.) and milk and mix into dry ingredients. Beat until smooth.
3. Mix in the corn.
3. Grease well a non-stick 8X8 inch baking dish. Pour in the batter.
4. Pour the reserved 1/2 cup of milk evenly over the top.
5. Bake in a 375deg.F (180deg.C) oven for 30-40 minutes or until top is crusty and golden.
6. Cut into squares and serve warm or cold. Delicious the next day reheated on a pan.