1 and 1/2 cups (230 gr.) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup of almond meal
2 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. cardamom
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
2/3 cup (150 gr.) butter room temperature
1. Whisk all the dry ingredients up to cloves. Set aside.
2. Beat together butter and sugar until fluffy.
3. Add egg and continue beating until incorporated.
4. Mix in flour mixture until just combined. Gather mixture into a ball.
5. Flatten dough into a disk and wrap in plastic. Chill several hours.
6. Preheat oven to 350deg C (170deg F). Line cookie sheets with wax paper.
7. Roll out dough to about 1/8 inch on a lightly floured surface.
8. Cut out desired cookie shapes and place them on the prepared cookie sheets.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool cookies 2 or 3 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
Note: Decorate cookies with royal icing if desired.