2 cups flour
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp powdered ginger
optional spices: 1 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp coriander, pinch of cloves
1/4 tsp salt
8 tbsp soft butter
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
1. Sift or whisk dry ingredients together.
2. Beat sugar with the butter until creamy.
3. Beat in the egg until mixture is fluffy.
4. Mix in half of the flour.
5. Mix in the rest of the flour alternating with the milk to form a stiff dough.
6. Gather the dough into a ball. Divide ball into two flat disks.
7. Wrap disks in cling film and refrigerate for about 1/2 an hour.
8. Roll out each disk into a thickness desired (the thinner the crispier will be the cookies). Cut out with your favorite cookie cutters. Place the shapes on a non-stick cookie sheet.
9. Bake cookies in a preheated 350deg F (175deg C) oven for about 12-15 minutes.