1 packet semolino (250 gr.)
140 gr. steamed spinach
400 ml. milk
400 ml. water
120 gr. (4 oz.) grated parmigiano cheese
80 gr. butter
salt and pepper to taste
a few fresh sage leaves
1. Puree’ the spinach in a blender. Set aside.
2. Bring the milk and water to a boil salting to taste.
3. Gradually pour in the semolino while constantly mixing.
4. Cook for about 4-5 minutes (mixing constantly to prevent lumps).
5. Remove from heat and mix in the spinach puree’ and beaten eggs.
6. Mix in half the butter and half the parmigiano cheese.
7. Pour mixture onto a large wet plate, spread out to about 1 cm. thickness.
8. When cool cut out rounds with a 6 cm. round cutter.
9. Overlap rounds on a greased baking pan. Sprinkle with melted butter and the remaining grated parmigiano. Place a few sage leaves on top if desired. Bake in a hot 180deg C (375deg F) oven for about 20-25 minutes until golden. If not browned enough you can put them under the grill and continue browning.