8.5 oz. (about 240 gr.) wholewheat or spelt “tagliolini” pasta
2 medium zucchini
1/2 large daikon peeled
beet juice (or powder)
1 large cup of peas (fresh or frozen)
a few mint leaves
2 tbsp. vegetable cream (or cream of your choice)
4 tbsp. tahin sauce
1 tbsp. lemon juice
tamari sauce (few drops)
salt and pepper to tasteive
optional: edible flower petals
1. For the tahin sauce mix together the tahin, lemon juice and a few drops of tamari sauce.
2. For the pea sauce: Boil the peas for 8-9 minutes, cool slightly.
3. Blend the peas, mint leaves and cream in a blender until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
4. For the pasta/veg mixture: Spiralize both the zucchini and daikon.
5. Immerse both vegetables (separately) in boiling water for 30 seconds (save 1 cup). Let cool.
6. Dissolve 1 tsp. of beet powder in the hot water (or use 1 cup beet juice).
7. Immerse the daikon in the colored water (or juice) for about a minute, then drain and set aside.
8. Cook the pasta in salted water according to package instructions. Drain, mix with 1 tbsp.olive oil and set aside.
9. When the pasta is cooled mix it together with the spiralized vegetables.
On each plate spread a tablespoon of the tahin sauce. Cover with a little of the pea cream. Top with a mound of the pasta/vegetable mixture. Decorate with a few flower petals if desired.