- 3 cups (400 gr.) spelt flour (or whole wheat)
- 1 cup (250 gr.) soft butter (or half margarine) chopped into pieces
- 1 cup (150 gr.) brown sugar
- 2 cups (200 gr.) ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. (20 gr.) ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. (20 gr.) ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. (5 gr.) ground cloves
- Make a well in the flour and add the ingredients in the above order.
- Cut in everything with two knives or a pastry cutter.
- Knead the mixture briefly to form a ball.
- If the mixture is too dry a few drops of water can be added.
- Let the dough rest a few minutes, then roll out to 2 or 3 mm.
- Cut out rounds and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F (180C) deg. about 10 min. or until delicately browned.
Seamless Theme Altervista René, made by Altervista