1. Mix together (or sift) the dry ingredients.
2. Add the butter in small pieces and rub it into the flour quickly, forming a breadcrumb-like texture.
3. Beat together the egg, yogurt and milk.
4. Mix the liquid mixture quickly into the flour mixture until it forms a ball. (Don’t knead)
5. On a lightly floured board flatten out the mixture to about 3/4 inch (2 cm.).
6. Cut out rounds with a cookie cutter and place them into a heavy bottomed and preheated pan on a low flame.
7. Do not grease the pan. Cover and “bake” for about 5 minutes until golden, then turn around and bake the other side.
8. Remove from pan and serve hot or cold with jam and cream, or cream cheese if desired.
TIP: Before baking press the scones into a small bowl of sesame seeds.