150 gr. sugar
2 large eggs
100 gr. soft butter (part oil ok)
125 gr. yogurt (part water ok)
250 gr. all purpose flour sifted with 1/2 envelope baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
grated lemon rind
2 large apples (for example golden delicious) thinly sliced
lemon juice for sprinkling apples
2 tbsp. almond flour
3 tbsp. flour
3 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. butter
1-2 tbsp. water
1-2 tbsp. chopped walnuts
1. Prepare crumble by mixing dry ingredients and then cutting in the butter and a little water to form a crumbly mixture. Add the walnuts. Set mixture aside.
2. For the cake batter beat the eggs and sugar until fluffy.
3. Mix in the rest of the ingredients excepting the apples.
4. Pour batter into a buttered and floured tube pan. Cover with the sliced apples.
5. Sprinkle with the streusel topping. Dot with a little butter.
6. Bake in a 170deg C (370deg F) preheated oven about 45 minutes until top is firm.
7. Let cake cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack.