For two servings:
2 center cut veal ossi buchi
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 lb. cherry tomatoes (2 to 3 good sized handfuls)
1/2 medium onion or one scallion 1/2 cup dry white wine 2 medium carrots and two stalks of celery chopped
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley.
Sprig of rosemary and/or thyme
1/2 cup vegetable broth
salt and pepper
1. In a pressure cooker (or wide oven proof saucepan) lightly brown the ossi bucchi on both sides.
2. When almost browned, add the chopped onion and sauté’ together until onion is soft. Add herbs.
3. Add the cherry tomatoes, cut in half, and cook until they soften.
4. Pour the white wine over and let it evaporate (a couple of minutes).
5. Now add the hot vegetable broth, close the pressure cooker and cook for 1/2 hr. If not using pressure cooker at this point you can cover the saucepan and continue baking in a moderate oven
for about 45 minutes or until meat is tender.
6. Serve the ossi buchi sprinkled with chopped parsley and previously prepared quinoa on the side although risotto alla Milanese is usually the classic accompaniment. Polenta would be good too in colder months.
TIP: To make Ossi Buchi special, sprinkle with GREMOLATA (finely chop a small piece of garlic with a few leaves of finely chopped sage and rosemary – and finely chopped or grated lemon peel). Sprinkle this mixture on the Ossi Buchi shortly before serving to maintain its fragrant aroma.