1/2 cup (125 gr.) soft butter (1/4 cup butter + 1/4 cup coconut oil good too)
1 and 1/3 cups (175 gr.) sifted powdered sugar (icing sugar)
1 tsp vanilla
grated rind of an organic lemon
pinch of salt
1 and 1/3 cups (175 gr.) potato starch
juice of 1 lemon
1 and 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 tbsp grated coconut
3 or 4 sliced fresh apricots
1 round slice of peach
1 strawberry or maraschino cherry
1. Beat the butter together with the powdered sugar until fluffy.
2. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla, lemon juice, salt and lemon rind.
3. Gradually mix in the potato starch sifted together with the baking powder.
4. Add the coconut and stir until smooth. Set mixture aside.
5. In the meantime preheat the oven to 350deg F (170deg C).
6. Grease a small 8 inch pan and sprinkle with a tbsp. of sugar.
7. Place a round slice of the peach in the pan with a strawberry in the center. Arrange the apricot slices around the peach slice in a spoke like fashion. Sprinkle with a little lemon juice.
8. Pour the cake batter over the fruit and smooth out the top.
9. Bake for about 1/2 hr. or until the cake is golden, firm in the middle and a toothpick placed in the centre comes out clean. Turn off the heat and leave cake in the oven for 10 minutes with the door ajar.
10. Remove cake from oven and after cooling not more than ten minutes turn it upside-down onto a serving plate. Serve when cooled completely.