2-3 packets lady fingers (savoiardi) (about 22-24)
250-300 gr. ricotta (two small tubs)
1/3 cup Greek yogurt (or heavy whipping cream, or coconut cream)
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup powdered light brown sugar (or regular powdered sugar)
optional: 2-3 tbsp. chocolate chips (or grated dark chocolate)
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup (120 ml) espresso coffee (decaf is good too)
1/2 cup almond or regular milk
optional: 1 tbsp rum or a few drops rum flavoring
1. Prepare your coffee (even instant ok) and let it cool completely.
2. Beat the ricotta, maple sugar and powdered sugar until fluffy. Stir in chips. Set aside in the fridge.
2. Mix the milk, coffee and rum if using. Cool well in fridge.
3. In a small square or rectangular serving dish place the lady fingers dipped quickly in the coffee/milk mixture to cover bottom of dish.
4. Spread 1/3 of the ricotta cream evenly over the lady fingers.
5. Place another layer of the dipped lady fingers over the top. Spread over 1/3 of cream.
6. Repeat with the third layer of lady fingers. Spread remaining cream over top.
7. Sift the cocoa powder over the top and chill at least 3 hrs. in the fridge.
8. Serve cold, cut into squares. Good with fresh berries.