1 cup quinoa
2 cups broccoli florettes
1 cup cooked chickpeas
1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
1 tsp. turmeric powder
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/3 cup freshly squeezed pink grapefruit
salt and pepper
1. Prepare quinoa according to package directions. Drain and set aside in a large serving bowl.
2. Dissolve 1 tsp. turmeric in a cup of boiling water. Add the chickpeas and let rest a few minutes.
3. Drain chickpeas (they will be a golden color now) and add to the quinoa.
4. Combine other ingredients and season with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Pour grapefruit juice over salad and toss to combine. Serve tepid or cold.