1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup tahini
1/4 cup soft unsalted butter (part coconut oil ok)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 egg white
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. poppy seeds (or black sesame seeds) mixed with:
2 tbsp. light brown sugar
1. Beat butter with the powdered sugar.
2. Beat in the tahini, vanilla and salt until smooth.
3. Gradually mix in the flour, pine nuts and beaten egg white.
4. Keep mixing until mixture forms a ball.
5. Form dough into small (walnut sized) balls.
6. Roll balls in the poppy seed/brown sugar mixture.
7. Place them on a wax paper lined baking sheet and flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass.
8. Bake cookies in a 350deg F (170deg C) preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes until golden.