INGREDIENTS (4 small ramekins)
140 gr. cream of broccoli: (about 150 gr. broccoli cooked in a small amount of water for 10 min., cooled and pureed with a bit of the water to a creamy consistency)
40 gr. of toasted unsalted cashews
2 gr. of agar agar powder soaked in 300 gr. water reduced to 100 gr. (prepared according to package directions)
20 gr. of carrots
20 gr. of celery
20 gr. of leek
20 gr. of Jerusalem artichoke (topinambur)
10 gr. vegetable oil
10 gr. extra vergin olive oil
4 small sections of pink grapefruit to decorate
Mixed salad (if desired) red chicory, red and green lettuce, dill, mint, sprouts
Tangerine sauce: blend together 100 gr. of freshly squeezed tangerine juice with its grated rind with 5 gr. of Kuzu powder or guar gum (doesn’t need to be cooked) as a thickener, and a few drops of olive oil.
1. Finely cube the vegetables and saute’ them briefly and separately in the oil. Set aside.
2. Blend the cashews in a blender until a creamy consistency.
3. Add the broccoli cream and blend together. Heat the mixture to about 80 deg. C.
4. Mix in the agar agar mixture, prepared vegetables and season with salt and oil if necessary.
5. Pour mixture into 4 oiled ramekins and chill in the fridge for at least 4 or 5 hrs.
6. When chilled enough, run the tip of a knife around the edge of each ramekin.
7. Pour some of the tangerine sauce in each plate and overturn the ramekins over the sauce.
8. Decorate with a section of the grapefruit and salad/or a flower if desired.
The terrina di broccoli in the foreground with vegetarian version of foie gras in the back (our next project)