1 quart (1 lt.) vegetable broth
1 1/2 (250 gr.) cups carnaroli rice
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 thinly sliced scallion
1 medium peeled and chopped topanimbur
1 small wedge of savoy cabbage
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup grated parmigiano cheese
1-2 tbsp. butter
salt and pepper to taste
1. Saute’ scallion in the hot oil for a couple of minutes.
2. Add the chopped topanimbur and continue cooking on a low flame for 5 minutes.
3. Add thinly sliced savoy cabbage. Salute’ for a minute more.
4. Stir in rice and toast mixture for a couple of minutes.
5. Add the wine and mix until it evaporates.
6. Add boiling broth two cups at a time mixing constantly until the broth is absorbed.
7. Continue adding broth until risotto is done – about 15-18 minutes.
8. Mix in the parmigiano and butter.