INGREDIENTS (one small 8″ cake)
2 1/2 oz. (75 gr.) dark chocolate (half mint flavored)
1/2 cup finely ground almonds
1/2 cup finely ground pistachios
1/4 cup (75 gr.) unsalted butter (half coconut oil OK)
2 medium eggs
1/3 cup coconut sugar (or light brown sugar)
1 level tbsp. potato or corn starch
1 level tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking powder
a bit of grated lemon zest
powdered sugar for dusting if desired
1. Melt butter and chocolate over hot water. Mix until smooth. Cool.
2. Beat the eggs with the sugar until fluffy.
3. Gradually incorporate the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
4. Whisk together the cocoa powder, starch and baking powder. Mix into the egg mixture.
5. Gently fold the ground nuts and lemon zest into the batter.
6. Pour the batter into a buttered and parchment paper lined 8″ pan with removable rim.
7. Bake in a 350deg F (170deg C) preheated oven for 25 minutes until center is firm.
8. Cool 30 min. before removing the cake onto a cooling rack.
9. When completely cool dust with powdered sugar (using a stencil if desired).