INGREDIENTS (6 small bagels)
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour*
1/2-1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder + 1/4 tsp. cream of tarter (or baking powder)
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 beaten egg for brushing tops of bagels
a bit of seeds to sprinkle on top such as sesame, cumin, poppy seeds etc.
*or use only self rising flour to simplify (without adding baking powder or salt)
1. Sift all the dry ingredients together.
2. Mix in the yogurt. Knead a few times (don’t over knead) until combined. Form a ball of dough.
3. Cut dough into 6 even pieces. Roll each piece into a sausage shape joining ends to form bagel.
4. Place bagels on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Brush each one with a little beaten egg. Sprinkle tops with seeds.
5. Bake in a preheated 400deg F (190deg C) oven for 18-20 minutes until golden.