For two medium servings:
2 cups (250 ml) fresh red orange juice
3 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. (30 gr.) cornstarch
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1. Reserve 1/3 cup of the strained orange juice. Set aside.
2. Boil the rest of the juice with a cinnamon stick for 5 minutes. Add the lemon juice.
3. Remove the cinnamon stick. (strain if necessary).
4. Quickly mix the cornstarch into the reserved cold orange juice.
5. Bring the hot orange juice to a gentle boil and mix in the cold mixture.
6. Stir constantly until the mixture thickens. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
7. Pour into two serving dishes. Cool and chill in the fridge. Decorate with a strip of lemon rind if you like.
TIP: If you add a tbsp. more of cornstarch during the cooking, you could then pour the mixture into decorative molds and unmold the desserts after a few hours of chilling in the fridge. Serve with whipped cream if desired.