INGREDIENTS for 4 burgers
1 cup cooked chickpeas
1 small scallion, sliced thinly
1 peeled clove garlic
2 medium zucchini grated (about 120 gr.)
2 small grated carrots
1 small bunch of blanched asparagus sliced (can save tips for other use)
2 tbsp. grated parmigiano cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (or chives)
grated breadcrumbs for breading
olive oil for frying
1. Saute the onion and garlic until soft. Remove garlic.
2. Add the other vegetables and continue cooking until vegetables are crisp tender. Season.
3. Mash the chickpeas or blend until almost smooth. Mix into the prepared vegetables.
5. Mix in the grated cheese and parsley.
6. Shape mixture into 4 burgers. Bread each side in the breadcrumbs and fry about 5 minutes per side. Serve hot.
Form into patties and fry until done