1 cup warm milk
1/2 cup shortening (butter, coconut or almond oil or a mix)
1/2 cup sugar (half honey is good)
1 cake compressed yeast (or a packet dry in 1/4 cup water)
3 beaten eggs
4 1/2 cups flour (I used half stone ground organic whole wheat)
1. Melt shortening in warm milk, add sugar and salt. Mix until dissolved.
2. Crumble or mix in yeast to lukewarm mixture.
3. Add beaten eggs, then flour. Mix to a soft dough and knead lightly. (I used the
dough hooks on my mixer).
4. Cover and let rise (about an hour) until double.
5. Roll out into two flat circles. Cut each into 8 wedges. Roll up each from wide
end like a croissant. Place on a lightly greased pan and cover with a light tea
towel and let rise until doubled.
6. Brush each with a mixture of 1/2 cup milk and 2 tblsp sugar.
6. Bake in a preheated 400F. (190C.) oven for 15 min