3 medium bananas (ripe)
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup very soft or melted butter (part coconut oil OK too)
1/2 cup sugar (coconut sugar good)
2 lightly beaten eggs
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda + 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
optional: 1/2 to 1cup chopped walnuts, 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp. cinnamon, 2 tbsp. crushed flax seeds
1. Beat together the butter and sugar.
2. Mash the bananas with a fork adding the lemon juice and beaten eggs. Mix well.
3. Add the banana mixture to the butter/sugar mixture, mixing well.
4. Mix in the flour sifted with the baking powder, soda and salt. (Don’t over mix)
5 Transfer batter into a greased wax paper lined loaf pan (or 3 mini pans).
5. Decorate tops if desired with banana slices.
6. Bake in a 350deg F (180deg C) oven 50-60 minutes (less for smaller pans).
7. Let cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove bread to a cooling rack. Serve warm or cooled.