1 1/2 cups multi-cereal flour* (or wholewheat)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. grated nutmeg
1/2 cup coconut sugar (or packed brown sugar)
2 large eggs
1/3 cup plain yogurt (or buttermilk)
1/3 cup coconut oil (or a vegetable oil)
2 cups grated unpeeled zucchini
1 medium apple diced into small cubes and sprinkled with lemon juice
Topping (Mix the powdered sugar with the grapefruit juice and add the chopped nuts.)
1/2 cup roughly chopped and toasted unsalted cashews
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp. freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
1. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg together. Set aside.
2. Beat the eggs and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the vegetable oil.
3. Mix in the yogurt.
4. Fold in the dry ingredients without over mixing.
5. Fold in the zucchini and lastly the apple chunks.
6. Transfer the mixture into a well greased and floured ring mould.
7. Bake the cake in a 350deg F (170deg C) preheated oven for 35-45 minutes until done.
8. Remove cake from oven and leave in pan for 10 minutes before unmolding it on to a cooling rack.
9. When cooled glaze cake with topping if desired or dust with powdered sugar.