1 cup basmati rice
1 small scallion finely sliced
5 thinly sliced pieces of fresh ginger root
2-3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. curry powder
1 large or two medium zucchini roughly grated
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup vegetable broth
2 tbsp. chopped pistachios (unsalted or lightly salted)
1. Boil the rice according to package directions. Set aside.
2. Gently sauté the scallion and ginger in the oil until soft.
3. Mix in the curry powder and saute’ a minute more.
4. Mix in the grated zucchini and continue sautéing until tender (about 10 min)
5. Add hot broth as needed to prevent drying out. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Mix in the cooked rice and chopped pistachios.
7. To form shape pack the mixture into an oiled pastry ring.
8. Remove ring and decorate with a sprig of mint or basil.
9. Serve with light meats, fish or a poached egg.