INGREDIENTS for 4-5 servings
2 cups (350 gr.) Carnaroli rice
one large pomegranate
1/2 cup white wine
vegetable broth (about 1 and 1/2 quarts boiling)*
1 medium scallion
3-4 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. butter
1. Open the pomegranate and remove the kernels.
2. Slice scallion thinly and saute’ in the olive oil until soft.
3. Add the rice and while mixing toast it for a couple of minutes.
4. Pour in the wine and let it evaporate.
5. Gradually add the broth while mixing over medium heat for about 18 minutes.
6. The last five minutes add the pomegranate kernels (reserve 1/4 cup), butter and parmesan cheese.
7. Mix well and serve hot with the reserved kernels sprinkled on top.