4 large Roman artichokes
12 hardboiled (4 minutes) quail eggs, peeled
red, yellow, blue food color
1 large spiralized (or shredded) fresh carrot
Vinaigrette: 1/4 cup olive oil, chopped fresh basil, marjoram, mint, parsley, salt, pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
1. Wash and trim the artichokes of the tough outer leaves.
2. Steam until tender (about 10 minutes in a pressure cooker).
3. Gently spread open each artichoke.
4. Sprinkle over some of the vinaigrette.
5. Color the peeled quail eggs in some hot water with food color. Drain.
6. Place some of the carrot into each nest, top with three coloured eggs and sprinkle more vinaigrette if desired. Serve warm or cold.