This Coconut Filled Chocolate Ciambella version has a soft coconut center, almost resembling a Bounty candy bar. A dusting of powdered sugar is all it needs. For a richer version a chocolate icing would be delicious.
2-1/4 cups (250 gr.) sifted all purpose flour
2 large eggs
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp. (100 gr.) light brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
1/2 cup (100 ml) olive oil
4 tsp ( 1 -16 gr envelope) baking powder
1/2 cup (100 ml) almond milk
4 tbsp (30 gr.) unsweetened cocoa powder
optional: 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup + 1 tbsp (100 gr.) grated dry coconut
1 whipped egg white
1/4 cup (50 gr.) cream
1/4 cup sugar (light brown or white)
1 tsp cornstarch
optional easy chocolate icing: Chop a small dark chocolate bar and sprinkle it over the hot cake. As soon as it starts to melt spread it over the cake with a wide knife. Let cool together with the cake to firm up.
1. Sift flour with baking powder and cocoa. Set aside.
2. Beat eggs and yolk with sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Gradually mix in oil and water.
4. Mix in the prepared flour mixture until batter is smooth. Set aside.
5. Combine all filling ingredients. (mixture will be thick)
6. Spread half of the cake batter in a greased and floured bundt or ring pan.
7. Place spoonfuls of filling in the center of the batter all around trying not to touch the edges. Top with rest of the batter. Smooth surface.
8. Bake cake in a 180deg C (350deg F) oven for 30 minutes.
9. Remove cake from oven and let cool for 10-15 min. Then gently run a knife around the edge of the pan and turn the cake out onto a cooling rack. Decorate with powdered sugar if desired.