1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp each: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs separated
1/2 cup steamed pumpkin puree
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup light olive oil
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (optional)
1. Whip egg whites to firm peaks. Set aside.
2. Whisk or sift dry ingredients together (except sugar).
3. Beat egg yolks and sugar until fluffy. Mix in oil, milk and pumpkin puree.
4. Mix in dry ingredients until combined. Mix in vinegar.
5. Lightly grease your waffle iron and pour on 1/3 cup of mixture. Bake until golden. Serve with maple syrup if desired.