one large apple and 6-8 small pears, peeled, pitted and sliced thinly (not too thin though!)
70 gr. flour
1 egg plus one egg white (or two small eggs)
100 ml soy cream
2 tsp. baking powder
50 gr. light brown sugar (or regular sugar)
grated rind of one organic lemon
Pine Nut Crunch topping
2 tbsp. light brown sugar
1 tbsp. flour
1 tbsp. cold butter
2 tbsp. pine nuts
1. Prepare topping by combining the flour and sugar together.
2. Rub in the butter to form a crumbly texture.
3. Fold in the pine nuts. Set aside until ready to bake.
4. Sprinkle prepared fruit with lemon juice. Set aside.
5. Beat the eggs and sugar until fluffy. Mix in the soy cream, lemon rind and vanilla flavoring.
6. Mix in the flour and baking powder until combined and smooth. (don’t over beat)
7. Fold in the prepared fruit until fully coated with the batter.
8. Pour the batter into a lined and greased cake pan with removable rim. Sprinkle with topping.
9. Bake in a 190deg C preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until done. Test with a toothpick. Cool well in pan before removing the rim and wax paper.