2 cups (230 gr.) all-purpose (or kamut) flour
3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut oil (or vegetable oil of your choice)
1/4 cup fresh orange or grapefruit juice
grated rind of one organic orange
3/4 cup (140 gr.) lightly packed light brown sugar (can be reduced to 1/2 cup)
1 cup (140 gr.) finely grated carrot
1 medium (golden delicious type) apple finely grated
1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
2-3 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
powdered sugar for dusting
1. Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. In a smaller bowl beat together the sugar, juice, rind and oil together.
3. Add the above liquid mixture to the dry ingredients alternating with the grated carrot and apple. Mix well.
4. Mix in the cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
5. Pour into a 20 cm (8 inch) greased parchment paper lined pan.
6. Bake in a preheated 180deg C (375deg F) oven for 45-50 minutes until done.
7. Cool and dust with powdered sugar.