1 cup of precooked (or leftover) basmati rice (about 300 gr.)
1 (heaping) tbsp sugar
a pinch of cinnamon
2-3 tbsp dried cranberries (or Goji berries)
1/2 cup (60 gr.) flour
grated zest (rind) of one organic lemon
1. Beat the eggs and sugar until frothy.
2. Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
3. Let rest for 1/2 hr. or overnight in the fridge (next morning they’ll be ready to fry!).
4. Fry tablespoonfuls of mixture in hot oil* (a couple of tbsp oil enough) until golden.
5. Drain on paper towels and serve hot sprinkled with sugar (or powdered sugar) if desired.
*I use olive oil (Not extra virgin that burns) or even better coconut oil that adds no flavor and has a high smoking point. (no one will notice you’re frying!).
TIP: Another good version of this recipe is to soak the rice in 1/2 cup almond milk, then beat one egg with the sugar, add it to the rice mixture along with the rest of the ingredients. Goji berries are a delicious and healthy alternative to cranberries (soak them along with the rice/milk mixture).