1 cup white wholewheat flour (I used a mix of wholewheat, amaranth and buckwheat flour)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter (half coconut oil good)
ice cold water as needed (about 1/4 cup)
2 cups ricotta cheese
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. salt
dash of pepper
1/2 cup grated parmigiano cheese
1/2 lb. steamed barely tender asparagus
a bunch of chopped parsley
a few zucchini flowers (8-10), tips removed and sliced in half.
1. Prepare crust: Cut fat(s) into the flour until mixture forms a crumbly texture.
2. Sprinkle over the cold water while quickly mixing with a fork until a ball forms.
3. Cover with cling film and set aside in a cool place.
4. Next prepare the filling: Saute’ the sliced leeks in the oil until tender.
5. Blend the ricotta cheese with the beaten eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Mix in the grated parmigiano cheese and chopped parsley.
7. Spread the mixture in the prepared pie shell.
8. Distribute the asparagus spears and sliced zucchini flowers over the top.
9. Sprinkle with some olive oil and bake in a preheated 375deg.F (180deg.C) oven for 35-40 minutes. Cool for a few minutes and serve.
Unbaked Asparagus and Zucchini Flower Quiche