INGREDIENTS (for eight medium cupcakes)
130 gr. all purpose flour
50 gr. rice flour
10 gr. vanilla flavored baking powder
80 gr. sugar (I used finely ground light brown sugar)
pinch of salt
180 gr. soya milk (or other type of milk)
15 gr. coconut oil
20 gr. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup fresh raspberries halved horizontally
whipped cream or powdered sugar for serving if desired
1. Sift dry ingredients together. Set aside.
2. Combine milk and oil and mix into the dry ingredients until batter is smooth.
3. Line 4 aluminum cupcake tins with paper liners.
4. Fill each prepared cupcake tin with the batter.
5. Press three or four raspberries lightly onto the top of every filled cupcake tin.
6. Place the tins in a pan filled with 1 inch (2 cm) of boiling water on top of a steaming rack.
7. Cover tightly and steam over a very low flame for 15-20 min. without lifting the lid. (no peeking!)
8. Remove the cupcakes to a cooling rack. After a couple of minutes also remove them from the tins.
9. When completely cooled serve them plain or with whipped cream or dusted with powdered sugar.
TIP: If you wish you can dust the berries with a little flour before pressing them onto the batter.
(to prevent them sinking to the bottom of the batter)