One store bought roll of puff pastry
2 medium to large ripe peaches stoned and sliced thinly
3 rounded tsp of fine cane sugar
3 tsp of cornstarch (reserve 1 tsp)
1/2 cup chopped (or sliced almonds)
2 tsp cold butter
powdered sugar for dusting
1. Combine or sift together the sugar with the 2 tsp cornstarch.
2. Mix the prepared peach slices with the sugar cornstarch mixture. Set aside.
3. Unroll the puff pastry. Place it on a large pan or pizza pan on top of the wax paper.
4. Sprinkle the pastry with the 1 tsp of cornstarch and half the almonds leaving a small edge plain.
5. Arrange the peach slices on top leaving a small edge for folding.
6. Roll the edge of the pastry up to where the peach slices start, crimping slightly to form a rim.
7. Sprinkle the remaining almonds over the tart, pressing them slightly into the rim. Dot with butter.
8. Bake the tart in a preheated 180deg C (375deg F) oven for 30-40 min. until golden.
9. Cool the tart on a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar when cooled if desired.