2 tbsp. tapioca
1 large egg
1/4 cup sugar or honey (a bit less)
pinch of salt
2 cups milk (almond milk ok)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Optional: raw chocolate nibs
1. Soak tapioca in 1/3 cup water for about an hour.
2. Beat egg with the sugar or honey.
3. Drain tapioca and mix into the egg/sugar mixture. Mix well.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients except honey.
5. Cook and stir over moderate heat until mixture boils. Remove from heat.
6. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
7. Stir in vanilla and serve or chill for later. (4 servings)
8. Mix in or sprinkle the raw chocolate nibs over the top if desired.