INGREDIENTS (for 3 small 8×15 cm loaf pans or one large)
2 cups (200 gr.) all purpose flour
1 cup (100 gr.) whole rice flour
3 tsp baking powder + 1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
3 medium eggs
1 cup (170 gr.) light brown sugar finely ground (or powdered sugar)
1/2 cup (120 ml) light vegetable oil (such as coconut, olive or a mix)
180 gr. (6 oz.) finely grated carrots (about 4 small)
juice of 1/2 large pink or red grapefruit
grated rind of an organic lemon
butter for greasing pan(s)
optional: 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (helps in the rising)
1. Sift the flours, baking powder, soda and salt together. Set aside.
2. Beat the eggs and sugar together until fluffy.
3. Combine the vegetable oil, grated carrots, grapefruit juice and rind together.
4. Incorporate this mixture into the egg/sugar mixture.
5. Mix in the flour mixture until just barely combined trying not to over mix.
6. Pour the prepared batter into the greased non-stick pan(s).
7. Bake in a 170deg C (350deg F) preheated oven for 30-40 min. depending on size of pan(s).
8. Remove from the oven to a cooling rack. Turn out the loaf to continue cooling.
9. Dust with powdered sugar when cold or frost with the grapefruit glaze below.
GRAPEFRUIT GLAZE: Stir 1/2 cup powdered sugar with a little grapefruit juice (about 1-2 tbsp.) to desired consistency.