4 eggs separated
380 g fresh ricotta
1/4 cup cream or greek yogurt
juice of 1 lemon
grated rind of 1 lemon
25 gr. coconut oil (or light olive oil)
110 gr. sugar (half honey good)
60 gr. flour
butter or oil for greasing pan
crust and topping: 1 cup crushed or pulverised amaretti cookies
1. Whip egg whites with a pinch of salt and half the sugar until stiff peaks form.
2. Blend or beat the rest of the ingredients (except crushed amaretti) until smooth.
3. Fold beaten egg whites carefully into the prepared batter.
4. Butter a small (9 inch) springform pan. Sprinkle crushed amaretti cookies on base and sides.
5. Pour batter into the pan levelling the top.
6. Bake in a preheated 170deg C (370deg F) oven for 40-45 minutes.
7. When done turn off oven leaving the cake inside with the door ajar for 15 min.
8. Remove cake to a cooling rack. When cold remove the cake from the pan. Sprinkle cake with crushed amaretti cookies and serve tepid or cold. (store in the fridge)