6 Tblsp. sugar
8 Tblsp. (1/2 c.) flour
8 Tblsp. (1/2 c.) corn starch
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
1. Sift flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt together.
2. Beat the egg whites until they stand up in soft peaks. Beat in
gradually 2 Tblsp. of sugar. Beat the egg yolks until thick and lemon-
colored and gradually beat in 4 Tblsp. of the remaining sugar.
3. Pour the yolk mixture over the beaten whites and fold together gently
until blended. Fold in the vanilla.
4. Fold in the flour very gently with an over/under motion.
5. Pour into 2 wax paper lined and buttered round cake pans.
6. Bake 30-40 minutes in a moderate oven (375F. or 180C.)
7. Cool in pans. Remove and peel off wax paper.
Prepare one package vanilla pudding using 1/4 less milk and adding 3 Tblsp.
more sugar. Cool to room temperature. Whip together 250 gr. unsalted butter
at room temperature. (Its’s very important that both mixtures are at the same temperature). Gradually beat in the pudding. Cocoa can be added to a
small portion if desired for piped decorations. (as in the illustration).
Put together the two cakes with apricot jam. Frost the top and sides with
the buttercream and decorate with the chocolate frosting. The sides can
be covered with crushed amaretto cookies if desired.