1/2 cup aquafaba (liquid drained from jar of chickpeas) room temp.
3/4 cup (125 gr.) sugar
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1 drop of red food coloring for pink meringues
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Start beating the aquafaba together with the cream of tarter. Beat until firm peaks appear.
2. Now gradually, a teaspoon at a time, beat in the sugar. Continue beating until very firm (6-7 min.).
3. Beat in the vanilla and/or food colouring if desired.
4. Fill 2 pastry bags (with desired tip) with each color. Form desired shapes on a wax paper lined pan.*
5. Bake meringues in a preheated 100deg.C (210deg.F) oven for 1 and 1/2 hrs. Turn off heat.
6. Let meringues cool in the oven with the oven door cracked slightly open.
7. When meringues are cold remove them to a tightly covered container or serve immediately.
8. Serve with freshly whipped cream and berries if desired.
*Wax paper can be slightly greased on pan side to prevent it from shifting while meringue is piped.