Batter for bars
1 cup cooked and pureed pumpkin, squash or sweet potato
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/3 cup coconut or other vegetable oil.
1 cup all purpose flour (Andina is good if you can find it)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp powdered ginger
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup soft fresh cheese (about 200 gr.) such as robbiola or cream cheese.
1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 tbsp flour
1. Line an 8X8 inch baking pan with greased parchment paper.
2. Prepare batter by mixing pumpkin, sugar and oil in a medium bowl.
3. Whisk together the dry ingredients (except pecans) and mix into the pumpkin mixture.
4. Transfer prepared batter into baking pan. Level surface.
5. Now beat together filling ingredients until smooth.
6. Distribute dollops of the filling over the batter. Cut through with a wide knife to create marbled effect (without touching bottom of pan).
6. Sprinkle top with the chopped pecans and bake in a 180deg F (180deg C) oven for 25 min.
7. Cool in pan. Cut into bars to serve.