1 – 350 gr. (12 oz.) jar rhubarb jam
1/2 cup (115 gr.) butter, (1/2 coconut oil good too)
3 rounded tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup (100 gr.) ground hazelnuts
1 beaten egg white
1 cup (115 gr.) all purpose flour
optional: I used 3/4 cup all purpose flour and 1/4 cup rye flour instead of the above
1. Beat the sugar into the butter until fluffy.
2. Mix in the vanilla and rest of the ingredients to form a ball of dough. It should be quite firm but hold together.
3. Chill for a few minutes in the fridge.
4. Break off 1/4 of the dough and set aside. Roll out rest into a circle to fit your pan.
5. Fill with the rhubarb jam, smoothing it out even.
6. Roll out reserved dough and cut out leaf (or other) shapes. Place them on top of the pie.
7. Bake in a preheated 370deg F (180deg C) oven for about 25 minutes. Cool and serve.